Brand new, never used! One Acoustic Revive RD-3 Demagnetizer (the current version). We opened the box for taking pictures only. Firstly, it is thought that ferrous ingredients contained in the printing ink of the label side of the disc is one of the causes of magnetizing discs. The ink contains iron oxide, cobalt and / or nickel. These materials are called ferromagnetic substances, and they are relatively easy to magnetize. Second, problems are caused by the use of aluminum used for the recording side of CD. Currently, the Japanese Industrial Standard states that the purity of the aluminum used must be 99.0%. The other 1% contains ferromagnetic substance such as iron, nickel and cobalt. Aluminum is a weak magnetic material, so it is easily influenced by magnetism. CD players contain magnetic substances, when a disc is played, the rotation of the mechanism, magnet and motor generates a flux which quickly causes discs to become magnetized. The RD-3 is a ground breaking appliance which can easily treat and completely demagnetize all kind of optical discs (CD, DVD, etc). If you demagnetize your disc by RD-3, sound and picture quality are much improved and you will be able to hear aspects of the recording that were inaudible from magnetized discs. If a disc is demagnetized by RD-3 before recording, the sound quality improves greatly regardless of the recording device or software. For this reason, the RD-3 is widely used in the mastering rooms of major recording studios. The RD-3 makes a further effect by combined use with the Acoustic Revive Negative-Ion generator RIO-5II. Retail price is 525 euro, now for 379 euro only. Please check our other items. Free shipping worldwide!